Workplace injuries are all to common in Ontario. If you have been injured at work, you may be entitled to benefits from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). It is important that you immediately report any work injury to your employer and WSIB, as failure to do so could result in the denial of WSIB benefits.

If you are one of the many workers in Ontario that is not covered by WSIB, you may have a claim against your employer or the person that caused your injury. Through such a claim, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, past and future income loss, economic compromise, past and future medical and rehabilitation expenses, and past and future housekeeping and home maintenance expenses. Members of your family may also be entitled to claim for loss of care, guidance and companionship, reimbursement for actual expenses reasonably incurred for the benefit of the person injured in the accident, an allowance for travel expenses actually incurred in visiting the injured person during his or her treatment or recovery and, in situations where the family member has provided the injured person nursing, housekeeping or other services, an allowance for income lost or the value of the services provided.

If you or a loved one has been injured at work, the experienced personal injury lawyers at Chodola Reynolds Binder stand ready to help you. Please contact us at (519) 996‑PAIN for a free assessment of your case by one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.